HERITAGE DAY COMPETITION RULES
- Promoters: This competition is promoted by PayU Payment Solutions (Pty) Ltd, an online payment service provider and company incorporated under the laws of South Africa with reg. no. 2009/017393/07 (“PayU”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
- Competition Period: The competition runs from the time of the first Post (as defined in section 4 below) on Monday 16 September 2013 until 12h00 on Friday 27 September 2013. No entries will be accepted after 12h00 on Friday 27 September 2013.
- Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old, is a South African resident and has a Facebook or Twitter account. You may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to PayU or any other entity directly or indirectly controlling or controlled by PayU, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
- How to enter: To enter the competition, you will need to “participate” on the Twitter or Facebook page of PayU, using your own Twitter or Facebook account, as directed by PayU. PayU will post comments (“Posts”) on its Twitter and Facebook pages during the Competition Period between 2 to 5 times a week, indicating the type of participation that is required from that time onwards until the next Post, for a successful entry into the competition (the “required participation”). The possible types of required participation on Twitter are: You must “Comment”, “Retweet”, or mark as “Favourite” on the PayU Twitter Post. The possible types of required participation on Facebook are: You must comment, “Like”, “Share” or “Comment” on the PayU Facebook page. Only if you participate within the relevant period with the required participation for that period (as indicated by PayU) will your entry be valid. Once you have submitted a valid entry in compliance with these rules, it shall remain valid for the remainder of the Competition Period even if the required participation subsequently changes. Note that should you at any stage use automated or scheduled messages or tweets on either Facebook or Twitter to enter this competition, or act in contravention of section 5 below, then your entry will be invalidated.
- Content of participation: The content of your participation may not contain any foul language, obscenities, defamation, hate speech or any otherwise inappropriate content in PayU’s sole discretion, and may not contain any content which may be harmful to PayU or its associated companies in any way.
- How many times you can enter: You may enter this competition by participating as set out in section 4 above once per Post. As a result you may enter a maximum number of times which is the same as the number of Posts during the Competition Period (i.e. if there are five Posts during the Competition Period, your maximum number of entries will be five).
- No entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in the competition, and no additional charges involved.
- Prize: There will be one prize - a Jan Braai recipe book, worth approximately R220. The prize is not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 2 weeks after that winner has been notified and his/her contact details have been received and confirmed by PayU.
- Winner: The winner will be chosen randomly by a lucky draw, to be conducted by us on the 27 September 2013, for the prize as mentioned in section 8 above. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the winner. The winner will be notified via Facebook or Twitter, and the final winner (subject to section 10 below) will be announced during the month of October on https://www.facebook.com/PayU.SouthAfrica or https://twitter.com/_PayU. The winner will be required to fill out a confirmation of receiving the prize. The winner may be asked to participate in marketing activities, including by having their photographs taken, but they will be entitled to decline to do so.
- Forfeit of prize: However, there are certain situations in which a winner will forfeit its prize, namely: (i) PayU receives no response from the winner or is unable to contact the winner after at least three attempts over a period of five days; (ii) he/she fails to provide such further information as may be reasonably requested by PayU in order to identify him/her and to process and/or facilitate his/her acceptance or use of the prize, within 24 hours of request by PayU; (iii) he/she is found to have contravened any other rule set out herein; (iv) he/she fails to accept delivery of the prize after PayU has made at least two attempts to deliver it; or (v) it is unlawful for that winner to receive the prize. In the event of a forfeit, PayU reserves the right to redraw and award the prize to another eligible participant.
- Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this competition, or to change the rules at our discretion, or to change the prizes at any time without notice to you.
Rules: By participating in this competition, you agree to all the Competition Rules set out above, without exception. A copy of these Competition Rules is made available at https://www.payu.co.za/legal/