Jump to section:
These wallet service terms for PayU Easy merchants (“Wallet Terms”) apply to the supply of the PayU Wallet to you (our “Merchant”, “you” or “your”) as an additional service feature is provided by PayU (“PayU, “we”, or “us”) to its merchants from time to time (the “Service”).
You may only use the Service if you are a PayU Easy Merchant. Should your PayU Easy product be terminated or suspended for any reason, this Service shall not be available to you other than with the prior consent of PayU, and will remain subject to the terms and conditions set out in the PayU Acquired Service Terms (“PayU Acquired Service Terms”).
You must read these Wallet Terms together with the PayU Acquired Service Terms, and the General Terms (“Agreement”). To the extent that there is any inconsistency between any provision of the PayU Acquired Service Terms and these Wallet Service Terms, then the PayU Acquired Terms shall override these Wallet Terms to the extent of the inconsistency.
These Wallet Terms shall commence with effect from the date:
- on which the PayU Wallet is made available to PayU Easy Merchants on PayU’s redirect payment page; or
- indicated on your Application Form as the commencement date for PayU Easy;
and shall endure until either of us terminates the Service in accordance with the General Terms.
- A Wallet contains a card store (where Users store their payment card details).
- At the time of making payment to you, a User will log into their Wallet (either online or transaction via our, or one of our partner’s, mobile applications) using their secret password or four to six-digit PIN.
- The User can elect to pay using either a payment card or via an alternative payment method that may be available to them from time to time.
- PayU will perform the required authorisation checks, notify you whether the transaction is successful and process the payment.
- If the transaction is successful, funds will be paid into PayU’s bank account, where the funds will be held for you until paid out to you in accordance with the PayU Acquired Service Terms.
- An email or sms confirmation message may be sent by us to your customers when making a payment using their Wallet. Such message may also include other information about their PayU Wallet and related promotions. Should you elect to send a confirmation message to your customers following a transaction, you agree to display the PayU Wallet logo in relation to the payment type.
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS
- In addition to your obligations set out in clause 6 of the General Terms, to the extent that you take part in any joint promotion or marketing activity with us that may be aimed at Wallet Users and/or your customers, you agree that you shall comply with all laws and regulations that may apply to you (including, without limitation, the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 and the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013).
- You agree to not make any marketing or other communication with your customers about the Wallet Service unless such marketing materials or communications have been approved by PayU in writing.