Jump to section
- How long does this Competition last?
- How does this Competition work and how do you enter this competition?
- Who can enter this Competition?
- What are the Prizes?
- This Competition is promoted by PayU Payment Solution Proprietary Limited, an online payment service provider and company incorporated under the laws of South Africa with reg. no. 2009/017393/07 (“PayU”, “us”, “we” or “our”) (the "Promoter"). The Promoter can be contacted at the 5th Pinnacle Building, Corner Burg & Castle Streets, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa.
- This Competition is co-sponsored by DionWired.
How long does this Competition last?The Competition runs from 08:00 SA time 16 November 2015 to 23:59 SA time 10 March 2016 (the "Competition Period").
How does this Competition work and how do you enter this competition?
- You will require a computer (or similar electronic communications device) and Internet access to enter this competition. No refund may be claimed for expenses related to the use of an Internet connection for the purpose of participating in this competition.
- To qualify and to enter into this Competition, you will be required to sign up, as a new user, and use your PayU Wallet when paying for your online purchase at DionWired’s online store.
- If you have any questions in connection with the Competition, please email email@example.com with “PayU Wallet DionWired Competition” in the subject line.
- The Promoter and other sponsors shall not be responsible for entries to the Competition that are received after the Competition Period or not received at all for any reason whatsoever including, by way of example only, as a consequence of communications or network failures.
Who can enter this Competition?
- You are entitled to enter into this Competition if you are a natural person resident in the Republic of South Africa and over the age of 18.
- There are no entry fees to participate in this Competition.
- You may not enter the Competition if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant of the Promoter, the sponsor/s, or a supplier, or advertiser of goods or services in connection with this competition, or directly or indirectly controlling or controlled by the Promoter or marketing service providers in respect of the competition, or a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner of any of the above mentioned persons.
What are the Prizes?
- There are a total number of four (4) prizes to be won. You can only win one Prize.
- The Prizes that you stand a chance to win are: one of three (3) JBL Portable Bluetooth Speakers with an approximate value of R2000 each or the grand Prize of an LG 55” 4K UHD LED TV valued at approximately R13, 900 (the “Prizes”).
- The Prizes provided by PayU and its co- sponsor: DionWired.
- The winners of a Prize will be chosen randomly by lucky draw after the Competition Period, which lucky draw will take place by no later than 11 March 2016, unless extended in accordance with these rules.
- The draw will be done by an employee or representative of the Promoter (the "judge"). The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a participant other than with the winner.
- The Promoter will attempt to make contact with a winner of a Prize at least three (3) times by telephone and/or by email, but if the winner cannot be contacted by close of business on 14 March 2016, such winner will forfeit his/her Prize and the Promoter reserves the right to redraw for a winner of the Prize.
- Once the winner has been contacted by the Promoter, the winner has five (5) days to accept their Prize. If the winner does not accept their Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the Prize and redraw for the winner of the Prize.
- A winner, after being successfully contacted and has accepted a Prize, may be announced on the PayU Wallet Facebook page (subject to the remainder of these rules and the winner’s prior consent). The Promoter and the sponsor may require the winner to provide it with additional information as it may reasonably require in order to confirm the identity of the winner and to process and/or facilitate the winner's use and acceptance of a Prize.
- You may not win a Prize if it is unlawful to give a Prize to you and if you do win a Prize under such circumstances, you will forfeit it. The winner may be asked to participate in marketing activities, including having their photograph taken and used in marketing materials, but the winner is entitled to decline to do so.
- The winner also agrees that he or she is responsible for any other expenses and satisfying any legal or administrative requirements that need to be met to enable the winner to use a Prize (including for example, proof of a valid TV licence). The Prizes are strictly subject to availability, and the relevant sponsor's terms and conditions relating to each such Prize.
- The Promoter and/or the sponsors reserve the right to substitute an alternative Prize of similar or greater value in the event that the Prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter or the sponsor's control.
- All expenses not expressly stated in these rules are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- By entering this Competition, you hereby warrant and acknowledge that all information that you submit or may submit to us is true, current and complete. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the rules of the Competition, including extending or shortening the duration of the Competition Period or to withdraw the Competition at any time if circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable.
- These rules shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. The participant consents to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Western Cape High Court, Cape Town, in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the competition or these rules.
- If any provision of these rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these rules and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions contained in these rules.
- The Competition is regulated by the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the "CPA"). It is not intended that any provision of these terms and conditions contravene any provision of the CPA and therefore all provisions of these terms and conditions must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the CPA are complied with.
- By entering this Competition, you agree to all these competition terms and conditions without exception.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or other monetary value. PayU or its co-sponsors reserves the right to substitute a Prize with alternatives of similar value in the event that the original Prize is not available for any reason.
- As far as the law allows, neither the Promoters, the sponsors, their respective affiliates, members, nor the directors, officers, employees or agents of the aforementioned, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect,consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever which may be suffered as a result of entering this competition, the provision of the Prizes, or any act or omission of any other person. This paragraph 8.8 does not purport to limit or exempt the Promoter and/or the co-sponsors for any loss directly attributable to its gross negligence. In this regard, to extent allowed by law and subject to 8.5 above, the maximum liability of the Promoter and/or the sponsors to you, whether in contract or delict for all breaches of these rules and all other events, claims or causes of action arising, or relating to any contract governed by these rules, shall be limited in the aggregate of R1000.
- For the purposes of this Competition, the Promoter and the co-sponsors may collect and process personal information that you have provided by signing up and using the PayU Wallet. By entering the competition, you consent to the Promoter and the co-sponsors using, processing and storing personal information which you have provided to us. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. We may disclose our personal information if we are under a legal duty to do so.
- PayU reserves the right to disqualify any PayU Wallet user from participating in the Competition who we reasonably believe are creating multiple PayU Wallet accounts for the purposes of entering into the Competition more than once. We also reserve the right to disqualify any PayU Wallet user from this Competition in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. Subject to these rules, and your rights under the CPA or any data protection laws, you agree that by accepting these terms and conditions, you consent that we may use your personal information for marketing purposes such as for assisting and providing you with further information on the Promoter's services and products, as well as the sponsors (and carefully selected third parties) services and products.