We are very excited to present our shiny new PayU Wallet. If you have any questions about how to use your PayU Wallet, or which PayU Wallet Balance Stores you can spend your PayU Wallet Balance credits, we are here to help! Please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org on 086 111 7298/+27 21 814 6535. Monday to Friday – 09:00 – 17:00.
Jump to section
- How long does this Competition last?
- How does this Competition work and how do you enter this competition?
- Who can enter this Competition?
- What are the Prizes?
- This Competition is promoted and co-sponsored by PayU Payment Solution Proprietary Limited, an online payment service provider and company incorporated under the laws of South Africa with reg. no. 2009/017393/07 (“PayU”, “us”, “we” or “our”) (the "Promoter"). The Promoter can be contacted at the 5th Pinnacle Building, Corner Burg & Castle Streets, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa.
- This Competition is co-sponsored by FlySafair, Yuppiechef, and Dionwired.
How long does this Competition last?
- The Competition for the Main Prize (as defined below) runs from 28 October 08:00 SA time 2015 to 23:59 SA time 13 December 2015 (the "Competition Period").
- In addition, each week during the Competition Period, participants stand a chance to win Weekly Prizes (defined below). No entries to the weekly competition will be accepted after 00:00 SA time each Tuesday until 23:59 on 9 December 2015 ("Closing Time").
How does this Competition work and how do you enter this competition?
- You will require a computer (or similar electronic communications device) and Internet access to enter this competition. No refund may be claimed for expenses related to the use of an Internet connection for the purpose of participating in this competition.
- To qualify and to enter into this Competition, you will be required to:
- use the PayU Wallet when paying for an online purchase at one of the many participating online stores that provide the PayU Wallet as a way to pay online; or
- use the PayU Wallet to buy, for example, prepaid airtime or prepaid electricity on our PayU Consumer Portal and/or PayU Wallet App as may be available on participant’s devices.
- Click here to find out more about the range of online stores that you can use your PayU Wallet. But remember, you can only use the money you top up into your PayU Wallet Balance as credits at our Wallet Balance Stores. Check them out first!
- Each time you meet the requirements in paragraph 3.2, you will be automatically entered into the Competition. This means that you can enter into this Competition more than once! If you have any questions in connection with the Competition, the Weekly Prize draws, the Main Prize draw or no longer want to participate in the Competition, please email email@example.com with “PayU Wallet Competition” in the subject line.
- All successful participants entered into the Weekly Prize draws (as described in paragraph 5.1) will be automatically entered into a final draw to stand a chance of winning the Main Prize as well (as described in paragraph 5.2).
- The Promoter and other sponsors shall not be responsible for entries to the Competition that are received after the Closing Time(s) or not received at all for any reason whatsoever including, by way of example only, as a consequence of communications or network failures.
Who can enter this Competition?
- You are entitled to enter into this Competition if you are a natural person resident in the Republic of South Africa and over the age of 18.
- There are no entry fees to participate in this Competition.
- You may not enter the Competition if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant of the Promoter, the sponsor/s, or a supplier, or advertiser of goods or services in connection with this competition, or directly or indirectly controlling or controlled by the Promoter or marketing service providers in respect of the competition, or a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner of any of the above mentioned persons.
What are the Prizes?
- Our Weekly Prizes
- There is at least one (1) weekly prize to be won each week for the duration of the Competition Period ("Weekly Prize") and one (1) Main Prize at the end of the Competition Period.
- There are a total number of six (6) Weekly Prizes to be won for the duration of the Competition Period.
- The Weekly Prizes and the Main Prize (the "Prizes") are provided by PayU and its co- sponsors: Flysafair, Yuppiechef and Dionwired.
- The Weekly Prizes include R1000 Yuppiechef vouchers, Nutribullet blenders, Nespresso Inissia Automatic espresso machines, JBL Portable Bluetooth Speaker and even a Samsung 48” Ultra HD TV. The value of the Weekly Prizes range from an approximate value of R1000 to an approximate value of R10 000.
- It is important for Weekly Prize winners to check the terms and conditions of the co- sponsor of the Weekly Prize as they may contain terms and conditions which may apply.
- If you are a winner of a Yuppiechef voucher, PayU will send you an email or sms containing a Yuppiechef Voucher code (“Voucher”). When you receive this email or sms containing your Voucher code, Yuppiechef will handle the rest. Your Voucher and the use of your Voucher is in accordance with Yuppiechef’s standard terms and conditions, which is accessible at www.yuppiechef.com. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand and read Yuppiechef’s terms and conditions.
- The Main Prize
- The Main Prize consists of a voucher for two (2) people for return flight tickets on any available FlySafair routes (to a single destination and back) to be taken at the same time (the “Main Prize”).
- The Main Prize includes airport taxes.
- FlySafair routes are: Cape Town to Johannesburg return; Cape Town to George return; Cape Town to Port Elizabeth return; Johannesburg to George return; Johannesburg to Port Elizabeth return; East London to Cape Town return; East London to Johannesburg return; Durban to Cape Town return; and Durban to Johannesburg return.
- Return flights include one piece of hand luggage (maximum weight 7kg) per person.
- The tickets are valid for twelve (12) months from date of issue on the Main Prize voucher, subject to availability and any peak period block out dates that may apply. Tickets are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to inform FlySafair of any wheelchair or similar access requirements for the winner and/or their companion when taking up the Main Prize.
- Where any of the winner's companions are aged under 18 years old, they must have prior parental or guardian permission and must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over when taking up the Main Prize.
- In winning the Main Prize, the Main Prize winner automatically conforms to the standard booking terms and conditions of FlySafair accessible at www.flysafair.co.za/general-terms-and-conditions-of-carriage.
- Our Weekly Prizes
- Weekly Prize
- The winners of the Weekly Prize will be chosen randomly from the successful participants once a week during the Competition Period (prior to the Closing Time) in accordance with these rules.
- The Promoter will attempt to make contact with a winner at least three (3) times by telephone and/or by email, but if the winner cannot be contacted by the close of business the next day to which the Weekly Prize relates (in other words the Friday directly following the Weekly draw date, such winner will forfeit his/her Weekly Prize and the Promoter reserves the right to redraw, each week during the Competition Period (prior to end of the Competition Period) in accordance with the rules set outlined paragraph 3 (and so on).
- The winners of a Weekly Prize will also be automatically be entered into the lucky draw to win the one (1) Main Prize.
- Main Prize
- The winner of the Main Prize will be chosen randomly by lucky draw after the Competition Period, which lucky draw will take place by no later than within three (3) days of 13 December 2015, unless extended in accordance with these rules.
- The draw will be done by an employee or representative of the Promoter (the "judge"). The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a participant other than with the winner.
- The Promoter will attempt to make contact with a winner at least three (3) times by telephone and/or by email, but if the winner cannot be contacted by close of business on 17 December 2015, such winner will forfeit his/her Main Prize and the Promoter reserves the right to redraw such Main Prize.
- Once the winner has been contacted by the Promoter, the winner has five (5) days to accept the Main Prize. If the winner does not accept the Main Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the Main Prize and redraw the Main Prize.
- The winner, after being successfully contacted and has accepted the Main Prize, may be announced on the PayU Facebook page (subject to the remainder of these rules and the winner’s prior consent). The Promoter and the sponsor may require the winner to provide it with additional information as it may reasonably require in order to confirm the identity of the winner and to process and/or facilitate the winner's use and acceptance of the Main Prize as stated in paragraph 5.2 above.
- The Main Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the sponsor of the Main Prize as they may contain “block out” dates or restrictions, which may apply. In particular, the extent that the winner wishes to purchase any additional extras to their ticket, the winner will have to use a credit card to add any additional extras to the booking and they will have to make the booking through FlySafair’s call centre.
- You may not win a Prize if it is unlawful to give a Prize to you and if you do win a Prize under such circumstances, you will forfeit it. The winner may be asked to participate in marketing activities; including having their photograph taken and used in marketing materials, but the winner is entitled to decline to do so.
- The winner also agrees that he or she is responsible for any other expenses and satisfying any legal or administrative requirements that need to be met to enable the winner to use a Prize (including any additional travel arrangements as well as for the paying taxes and obtaining travel insurance). The Prizes are strictly subject to availability, and the relevant sponsor's terms and conditions relating to each such Prize.
- The Prizes are not negotiable or transferable and may not be converted into cash or exchanges.
- The Promoter and/or the sponsors reserve the right to substitute an alternative Prize of similar or greater value in the event that the Prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter or the sponsor's control.
- All expenses not expressly stated in these rules are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- To the extent that a Prize includes any vouchers and/or certificates, once such vouchers and/or certificates have been provided to the winner, the Promoter and the sponsor/s will not replace any lost or stolen vouchers and/or certificates.
- Regardless of the amount of entries, there will be only 1 (one) winner for the Main Prize, and a total of 6 (six) winners for the Weekly Prizes. Once an participant has won a Weekly Prize, they will not be eligible to win another Weekly Prize, however all Weekly Prize winners will not be excluded from the Main Prize draw and will be included in this draw.
- Participants may enter multiple times for the “Main Grand Prize” however winners of the Weekly Prizes can only win one (1) Weekly Prize.
- The Promoter and/or a co-sponsor may refuse to award a Prize to a participant if there is suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities. Furthermore, to the extent allowed by law and the PayU Wallet user agreement the Promoter and co-sponsors of the Competition will not be held liable for any theft or fraudulent activity around the use of the PayU Wallet.
- Weekly Prize
- By entering this Competition, you hereby warrant and acknowledge that all information that you submit or may submit to us is true, current and complete. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the rules of the Competition, or to withdraw the Competition at any time if circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable. The Promoter reserves the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the Competition Period whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operation reasons, or due to a “force majeure” or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants on its Website, or on any other suitable forum.
- These rules shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. The participant consents to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Western Cape High Court, Cape Town, in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the competition or these rules.
- If any provision of these rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these rules and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions contained in these rules.
- The competition is regulated by the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the "CPA"). It is not intended that any provision of these terms and conditions contravene any provision of the CPA and therefore all provisions of these terms and conditions must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the CPA are complied with.
- By entering this Competition, you agree to all these competition terms and conditions without exception.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-negotiable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or other monetary value. PayU or its co-sponsors reserves the right to substitute a Prize with alternatives of similar value in the event that the original Prize are not available for any reason.
- As far as the law allows, neither the Promoters, the co-sponsors, their respective affiliates, members, nor the directors, officers, employees or agents of the aforementioned, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever which may be suffered as a result of entering this competition, the provision of the Prizes, or any act or omission of any other person. This paragraph 7.8 does not purport to limit or exempt the Promoter and/or the co- sponsors for any loss directly attributable to its gross negligence. In this regard, to extent allowed by law and subject to 7.5 above, the maximum liability of the Promoter and/or the sponsors to you, whether in contract or delict for all breaches of these rules and all other events, claims or causes of action arising, or relating to any contract governed by these rules, shall be limited in the aggregate of R2000.
- For the purposes of this Competition, the Promoter and the sponsors may collect and process personal information that you have provided by using the PayU Wallet (as described in paragraph 3.3). By entering the Competition, you consent to the Promoter and the sponsors using, processing and storing personal information which you have provided to us. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. We may disclose your personal information if we are under a legal duty to do so.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. Subject to these rules, and your rights under the CPA or any data protection laws, you agree that by accepting these terms and conditions, you consent that we may use your personal information for marketing purposes such as for assisting and providing you with further information on the Promoter's services and products, as well as the sponsors (and carefully selected third parties) services and products.
- You can exercise your right to prevent the processing of your personal information by contacting us at PayU Payment Solutions Proprietary Limited: the support or marketing departments at either: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- By entering into or participating in the Competition, no legally enforceable rights in respect of the Competition will arise on the part of the participant in respect of any contractual relationships which might exist.
- PayU will not be held liable for any misrepresentation caused due to a copy error, typing error and/or omission that may occur on any of our or our co-sponsor’s promotion and promotional material.